Thursday, August 12, 2010

Haven't put up a new blog lately

so....let's see what can I talk about today??  School starts soon which makes me uber happy Ecstatic!!  Finally I will not have to be with my children 24 hrs a day.  They were  ARE really starting to get on my nerves.  They are really excited to be going back to school too.  I can't believe that I am going to have a kid in high school, how depressing is that?!  Oh well...one step closer to her leaving my house, hahaha. We are going to Freshman Orientation in a couple hours to pick up her schedule. 

A couple of friends and I have started a book club which I am completely stoked about...even though I have never been in a book club I assume that because I love to read I will love book club.  They even let me pick the first book, We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates.  I have only read about 40 pages so far, but I have been wanting to read it for ages.  I hope that everyone likes it, I would hate to pick a book that everyone cringes about.

Tonight we have a double header in Co-ed softball, these will be some of our last games.  Even though it is still Africa hot here I will miss softball when it is over and I hope that we will be able to have a team again next year.  We really need to win both of our games so that we can be the league winners or at least second place.  Ultimately though as long as everyone is having fun that is all that matters.

I finally took all of Encyclopedia Boy's wrestlers away.  He got up in the middle of the night and ate nearly a whole gallon of MY banana pudding ice cream!!  Hubby made him sign a contract saying that if we caught him stealing again that he is shaving his head.  This was the second incident in two weeks, he had stolen candy from his Nana when he stayed the weekend over there.  She had taken him to the movies, shopping, and bought him several books in the series he is reading, but she took the books away when she caught him stealing.  I just don't know what we are going to do with that boy!  I told him that being a thief is a dangerous occupation...

1 comment:

  1. We Were The Mulvaney's is heartbreaking at parts...good though!

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design