Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The journey begins...

well, actually I just wrote the check that pays for the journey, but it is essentially the same thing.  Starting next week I will be participating in a Couch to 5k program, hopefully it won't be as scary as it sounds.  I am not a runner, have never ran, and pretty much have always said, " The only way you will see me run is if someone or a snake is chasing me."  I don't even know if snakes chase people but that is neither here nor there.  I have decided that instead of complaining to my husband about the 30!! pounds I have gained in the last year and a half, I am going to do something about it.  I still say that I gained this weight from quitting smoking when we started dating and there are days that I have seriously contemplated smoking again just to see if I am right.  I am not ruling it out either.  I changed my eating habits, some days I barely even eat anything (yeah yeah I know it is bad for me) and I still don't lose weight.  OR I lose 5 lbs and gain back 6!!  It is really getting annoying.  I figure that a couple of things can happen with this running project...either I can lose some weight and get in great shape, I can stay a Fatty and people will laugh and call me names while I try to run, or I will die.  Hey, there are no guarantees...I am excited and scared at the same time.  I have found no one who will join the program with me, so I have no back up and no friend to chat with while there.  I am terrified that I am going to show up at the track the first night and there is going to be a group of super thin athletes in their super cute running clothes who are just waiting to point and laugh.  But they don't know that I have Robot Blood and I can take away all of their powers and give them to the Aliens....mwahahaha...at least that is what my friend Christopher told me, so what if he is only three, he thinks I am kinda cool.

1 comment:

  1. Blog is pretty! Sorry, I forgot about the dead line for the running. I wish it would be after baseball season is over, because with practice 2 times a week and games, I wouldn't have time to do it. I want to walk, but it's so dang hot!

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design