Friday, July 16, 2010

I'm Not quite dead yet...

but I may smell like it, look like it and definitely feel like it...but I promise I am still breathing. Barely. Very loudly and heavily.  Ohmygoodness!  Softball is kicking my butt!! I mean, I still love it, but wow I didn't realize just how out of shape I am.  Or maybe I did but now reality is setting in...I knew that I had gained weight, I attributed that to the fact that I quit smoking. 

We had another double header last night.  We lost the first game and won the second. Woohoo!  I was sweating so profusely that it literally looked like I had been caught outside in the rain.  I don't like to sweat that much. boo.  Oh, and have I mentioned that it is like sweltering hot here??  I am talking Africa HOT!  The heat + me trying to run = disasterous.  It is seriously such a joke that the other team was calling out which ever base I was going to as the "easy out".  Sadness. But it is okay because when I did get on base I actually got ALL the way around and scored!! WooHoo! Go me! lol.  Yeah and I hate running with a passion...my knee is only slightly hurting today after an unfortunate clumsy almost fall. hehe. I rolled my ankle going after a ball and somehow twisted my knee. Ouch.

All in all it was good...no one had to drag my carcass off the field, no one had to call an ambulance, my husband still smelled worse than me (barely), and we won the last game (so what if it was only by one point).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design